Alabama artist Lila Graves prefers to show Christ overcoming death on the cross. "Christ Is King" was painted after Graves herself "overcame" death by becoming a "miracle survivor" or cancer.
PHOTO COURTESY OF MARCIA WEBER ART OBJECTS
Copyright © 1999 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Find hope and historical insight. For a limited time, explore 60+ years of CT archives for free!
- Daily devotions from Timothy Dalrymple during this pandemic.
- Hundreds of theology and spiritual formation classics from Philip Yancey, Elisabeth Elliot, John Stott, and more.
- Thought journalism that inspires you to think more deeply about your faith.
- View the complete archive.
- Join now and get print issues access to archive PDFs.