- Dante Bowe Navigates Worship in the SpotlightAfter leaving Maverick City Music, the singer is launching his own label focused on authenticity in a field increasingly crowded by celebrity.
- Company that Trademarked ‘Worship Leader’ Makes Others Drop the TermPopular meme accounts lose social media pages after being reported by Authentic Media, which says it coined the phrase.
- ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing’ Continues Its Steady BeatWritten as a hymn for Black middle schoolers, the song’s celebration of resilient faith still resonates.
- I Was the Proverbial, Drug-Fueled Rock and RollerUntil a chance encounter with my mom’s old Bible opened my eyes.
- Died: Jack Hayford, Pentecostal Pastor Who Wrote ‘Majesty’Foursquare leader put emphasis on praise and penned the most popular church song of the 1990s.Português
- What Language Is This? Coptic Comes to ChristmasA new song highlights a growing interest outside the Egyptian church in reviving an ancient language of the Christian world.
- Is Christmas a ‘Western’ Holiday in Asia?Theologians and church leaders around the region share how December 25 is perceived in their contexts.简体中文繁體中文
- Have Popular Carols Lost Their Sense of Worship?Even with today’s nonstop Christmas soundtrack, churches can still embrace the storytelling and nostalgia that comes with seasonal hymns.
Hallelujah! ‘Messiah’ Sing-Alongs Turn Audience into the ChoirThe centuries-old tradition has returned to community theaters after a pandemic hiatus.
Hark! It’s CT’s 2022 Christmas Music PlaylistOur festive favorites this year span from kids’ carols to heavy metal.
150 Weeks of Composing Psalms Reaches Its FinaleAfter nearly three years, Poor Bishop Hooper’s accidental pandemic project concludes with a new psalter for the church.
- Bono’s Punk-Rock Rebellion Was a Cry of Hopeful LamentGrief and God have been part of U2’s story from the start.españolPortuguêsFrançais
- Loretta Lynn: A Coal Miner’s Daughter in the #MeToo AgeThe late country music star modeled what church leaders need: A bold willingness to stand up for women.
- I Could Sing This Bridge Forever, If It’s an AntiphonModern worship music can seem awfully simple. But it has a vital role to play, especially when paired with Scripture.
- Is the Future of Christian Music on TikTok?Independent artists like Montell Fish have found success on social media platforms rather than traditional labels.
Hymns and Neurons: How Worship Rewires Our Brains and Bonds Us TogetherScientific data suggests that singing in community reshapes our physical selves and our corporate connections.
- The Grain of Truth Grows SlowlyTo become who God is making us takes time and trust.
- Meet the Christian Rap Duo from ‘Reservation Dogs’Hip hop artists Lil Mike and Funny Bone got their start performing at churches. Now they’re acting on FX’s critically acclaimed television series.
- Alexander Hamilton Raps His Way to Jesus at Texas ChurchUnlicensed production prompts cease-and-desist letter from Broadway musical.
- Here I Am to Sound CheckChurch tech teams kept worship plugged-in and streaming during the pandemic. But when does the job become too much for volunteers?简体中文繁體中文
- The 2012 CT Music AwardsChristianity Today picks the top 12 albums of the year.
- Notable Sacred Music for 2012From ye olde classics to African-American spirituals to more modern fare, a versatile mix.
Top Story March 25, 2023Gen Z Christians Want Leaders to Keep It Real
That means dropping the façade and admitting their own struggles.
Enter The Vault
Browse our Full Library of online archives, including past issues of CT magazine.Access the Archives