Subscribe to this Podcast:
David French, a former attorney and political commentator, joins Russell Moore to give listeners a taste of their conversations over coffee. Moore and French share similar values when it comes to having difficult conversations without animosity. As leaders with their fingers on the pulse of American society, they discuss the Christian’s role in advocating for religious liberty.
In this episode, Moore and French get to the bottom of what “David Frenchism” is. They discuss the importance of respect and decency when having differing beliefs on controversial topics. They demonstrate gracious debate, giving listeners a framework for a mature dialogue. Finally, they show how Christians can have fruitful discussions by taking on the opposing view’s side.
“The Russell Moore Show” is a production of Christianity Today
Chief Creative Officer: Erik Petrik
Executive Producer and Host: Russell Moore
Director of Podcasts: Mike Cosper
Production Assistance: CoreMedia
Coordinator: Beth Grabenkort
Producer and Audio Mixing: Kevin Duthu
Administrators: Christine Kolb
Theme Song: “Dusty Delta Day” by Lennon Hutton
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingEvangelicals Are the Most Beloved US Faith Group Among EvangelicalsAnd among the worst-rated by everybody else.
- From the MagazineIs It Time to Quit ‘Quiet Time’?Effective biblical engagement must be about more than one’s personal experience with Scripture.
- RelatedAfter Pushing for UMC Unity, Former Bishop Joins New DenominationThe Global Methodist Church welcomes Scott Jones, who led Methodists in Texas and had advocated for the “extreme center” and “staying at the table.”
- Editor's PickChristians from Myanmar Call for the Release of Jailed Baptist LeaderHkalam Samson, former head of the Kachin Baptist Convention, was internationally known for his advocacy