Subscribe to this Podcast:
Sadie Robertson Huff is a Christian speaker, actress, and bestselling author. You may know her from the reality show Duck Dynasty, or her role in the movie God’s Not Dead, or the fact that she was the first runner-up on season 19 of Dancing with the Stars. Sadie is passionate about God and an effective communicator who regularly challenges her generation to wield their influence responsibly. Her latest book is Who Are You Following?: Pursuing Jesus in a Social Media Obsessed World.
In this episode, Heather and Sadie delve into Sadie’s experience of amassing a following of over 4.7 million people on Instagram. Does a platform that large change the type of content you create? Do the people we follow online affect how we see ourselves? Can people without platforms still be influencers? Heather and Sadie answer each of these questions—and more.
With millions of followers and a book about navigating the spiritual pitfalls of social media, Sadie Robertson Huff is the perfect guest for Viral Jesus.
Reach out to Heather at heatherthompsonday.com, on Twitter @HeatherTDay, and on Instagram @heatherthompsonday.
Viral Jesus is a production of Christianity Today
Host and creator: Heather Thompson Day
Producer: Loren Joseph
Executive Producer: Ed Gilbreath
Director of CT Podcasts: Mike Cosper
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.
- From the MagazineEve’s Legacy Is Both Sin and RedemptionThe first woman tried to get free of God. But when she aligned herself with God’s purposes, she became the ‘Mother of All the Living.’
- RelatedJosh Butler Resigns as Pastor Following TGC Article BacklashThe “Beautiful Union” author said the conversation around his book took an intense toll on his Tempe, Arizona, church.
- Editor's PickNominate a Book for the 2024 Christianity Today Book AwardsInstructions for publishers.