Subscribe to this Podcast:
In today’s episode Heather sits down with her friends Ty Gibson and David Asscherick to discuss what we may be getting wrong about the character of God. David and Ty walk us through Scripture and show us what has been there all along: God is love. What would happen to our evangelism and conversations if we, as a church body, truly started believing that this statement is true? You won’t want to miss this third and final conversation in our “What You May Be Getting Wrong About God” pod-class series.
Also, in a first for Viral Jesus, Heather chats with Christian comedienne Ellen Skrmetti about using comedy as a tool for life-changing communication. Ellen, whose Instagram Reels and TikTok accounts are bursting with clever and hilarious videos, has amassed nearly 100,000 followers and millions of views. The Second City alum reflects on the delicate balance between faith and humor, and she explains why “going viral” comes in many shapes and sizes.
Here are links to a few of the sermons that were referenced in this episode:
David Asscherick, This Is My Church?
Ty Gibson, Reimagining God
David Asscherick, Gospel Tribe
Ty Gibson is a speaker/director for Light Bearers and pastor of Storyline Adventist Church. A passionate communicator with a message that opens minds and moves hearts, Ty teaches on a variety of topics, emphasizing God’s unfailing love as the central theme of the Bible. Ty and his wife Sue have three adult children and two grandsons.
David Asscherick is a speaker/director for Light Bearers and ARISE co-founder and instructor. Since his baptism in 1999, David has traveled the globe preaching and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He and his wife Violeta are the happy parents of two boys, Landon and Jabel.
Heather Thompson Day is an associate professor of communication at Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. She is the author of eight books, including I’ll See You Tomorrow and It’s Not Your Turn. Reach out to Heather on Twitter @HeatherTDay and on Instagram @heatherthompsonday.
Viral Jesus is a production of Christianity Today
Host and creator: Heather Thompson Day
Executive Producer: Ed Gilbreath
Producer: Loren Joseph
Associate Producer: Azurae Phelps
Mix Engineer: Alex Carter
Director of CT Podcasts: Mike Cosper
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingHillsong Says It Is Moving ForwardNew revelations will require increased accountability, but pastor wants to look to the future.
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.简体中文繁體中文
- RelatedBeth Moore: When I Was a Stranger in the SBC, Anglicans Welcomed MeHow the acclaimed Bible teacher found a new church home.
- Editor's PickThese 3 Japanese Christian Women Changed Their CountryMeet an early evangelist, an education reformer, and a preacher who held Bible studies with the royal family.