1) It's lonely to lead. Leadership involves tough decisions. The tougher the decision, the lonelier it is.
2) It's dangerous to succeed. I'm most concerned for those who aren't even 30 and are very gifted and successful. Sometimes God uses someone right out of youth, but usually he uses leaders who have been crushed
3) It's hardest at home. No one ever told me this in Seminary.
4) It's essential to be real. If there's one realm where phoniness is common, it's among leaders. Stay real.
5) It's painful to obey. The Lord will direct you to do some things that won't be your choice. Invariably you will give up what you want to do for the cross.
6) Brokenness and failure are necessary.
7) Attititude is more important than actions. Your family may not have told you: some of you are hard to be around. A bad attitude overshadows ...1