Introducing our new biweekly mix about a big God and his big world.
July 31No Such Thing as 'Other People's Problems'
July 30Water Works: Why Baptism Is Essential
July 29The Hidden Blessing of Infertility
July 28Three Views: Would Jesus Hang Out in a Strip Club?
July 25Introducing the Bible! Now with Less!
July 24Sorry 666: Churches Fear 990 More
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Aug 1,
Mark Driscoll Addresses Crude Comments Made Trolling as 'William Wallace II'Mars Hill pastor says 14-year-old posts were 'plain wrong' and he 'remain[s] embarrassed,' but 'I have changed.'
- Jul 30,
Pope Francis Apologizes for Pentecostal Persecution, But Italy's Evangelicals Remain WaryA 'near totality' warn U.S. evangelicals (and others) against becoming too friendly with the Catholic Church.
- Jul 30,
Another 'Stained Glass Ceiling' Shatters: CCCU Picks First Female PresidentCalvin College leader brings legal savvy to the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
- Jul 28,
Leading Rabbi Nominated as First Non-Christian Religious Freedom AmbassadorObama nomination of David Saperstein will require strong Senate support.
- When Bullying Becomes Spiritual WarfareInsults and intimidation threaten children’s perceptions of God.
- Church Signs of the Week: August 1, 2014GPS; No Tie July; Stop Not Meeting
- Are 90 Percent of Babies Diagnosed with Down Syndrome Really Aborted?Dispelling the myths about Down syndrome, and telling the good story.
- Staying Alive in a Suicidal WorldWill the body of Christ live up to its name to stem suicide?
- What We Talk About When We Talk About 'Birth Control'Meaningful debate requires us to define the terms of discussion.
- Water Works: Why Baptism Is EssentialSome churches say Baptism is optional, but the New Testament teaches it is integral to the life of faith.
- LucyStrong women at movies: still the missing link.
- Beyond the Echo Chamber on Gender RolesOur notion of male and female begins with a robust understanding of creation.