Increase in Bible sales for the week of Sept. 16-22 compared to same week in 2000
Increase in Left Behind sales between August and September
Increase in attendance at religious services weekend after terror attacks
Increase in attendance at religious services after John F. Kennedy's assassination
Couples in Harris County, Texas, who stopped divorce proceedings in the 10 days after the terror attacks
Sources: Family Christian Stores, Tyndale House Publishers, Time, Houston Chronicle
Copyright © 2001 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Our digital archives are a work in progress. Let us know if corrections need to be made.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- RelatedBecome a Shadow of Your Future SelfManifesting isn’t the answer. Consenting to holiness is.
- Editor's PickDon’t Pretend the Ugandan Homosexuality Law Is ChristianNot everything that’s a sin is a crime—let alone one punishable by death.