Style: Alternative pop/rock; compare to Kelly Clarkson, Michelle Branch, Pink
Top Tracks: "This Time Around," "Hallelujah," "Holes"
As Heather Williams expresses on "Always Been Faithful," "mine was not a story I would have chosen for myself." Coming from a background of significant struggle, she recognizes Christ's faithfulness with complete authenticity on her first full-length album. Themes of "praise through pain" come and go in the Christian music industry, but Williams' vocal personality makes this concept anything but trite. Her belted alto and alternative style resemble the power of artists like Kelly Clarkson, and the relatability of her lyrics make up for lack of poetic expression.
Copyright © 2011 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingHillsong Says It Is Moving ForwardNew revelations will require increased accountability, but pastor wants to look to the future.
- From the MagazineBhutanese Nepali Refugees Turn Their Trials into Zeal for EvangelismThousands found Jesus while displaced, which prepared them to plant churches and settle in a new land.
- Editor's PickThese 3 Japanese Christian Women Changed Their CountryMeet an early evangelist, an education reformer, and a preacher who held Bible studies with the royal family.