ParaNorman, the hit children's film, is streaming on Netflix. When zombies invade a small town, it's up to Norman to keep the peace. A bit on the scary side, so not best for toddlers. Read a review here.
The History Channel's western miniseries, Hatfields and McCoys, is now available on Netflix. Two rival rural dynasties duke it out to settle an old score—and the show features Kevin Costner. Read a review here.
Hemlock Grove, the new Netflix original series, is available for streaming starting today. In keeping with the House of Cards model, all of the season 1 episodes are available at once—good news if you're intrigued by a dark, gritty supernatural thriller about a mysterious murder in a small town. But warning: this series has some serious gore. Read a review here.
Roman Holiday, the classic romance starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn, is on Netflix. Might be a good way to clear your palette after Hemlock Grove. This movie has a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.
"The kind of stupid comedy that can only be pulled off by very smart comics," OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies is an underrated spoof of James Bond movies. Starring Jean Dujardin, this movie is like Airplane and The Naked Gun series, but smarter. Read this review here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingChristian and Missionary Alliance Will Ordain WomenMinisters may now use the title “pastor” regardless of gender.
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- RelatedDied: Paul Eshleman, Who Brought ‘Jesus’ Film to the Ends of the EarthThe Campus Crusade evangelism strategist wanted everyone in the world to hear the good news that God loved them.españolPortuguêsFrançaisIndonesianрусскийУкраїнська
- Editor's PickPCA’s 50th Anniversary Comes During a Season of GriefPresbyterians expect less fight and more fatigue as they gather following the Covenant shooting and the deaths of Harry Reeder and Tim Keller.