This year’s top articles for pastors gather around a common question: What does spiritual health and wholeness look like for those in full-time ministry? “What unites me with a thousand other pastors who are both godly and dysfunctional?” asked Todd Wilson in the most-read CT Pastors piece of the year. “A lack of integration.” This humble confession represents the heart of most articles on this list. Pastors face unique challenges, but they will overcome their temptations in the same way as their congregants, through the steady formation of the Holy Spirit and God’s Word. Amy Simpson wrote in another article that pastors will be at their healthiest when they acknowledge their humanity. “There are no substitutes for inner work, humble transparency, open-handed leadership, and true relationship.” Here are the top articles for pastors our readers viewed this year, in reverse order of lesser read to most-read.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingEvangelicals Are the Most Beloved US Faith Group Among EvangelicalsAnd among the worst-rated by everybody else.
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.
- Editor's PickDante Bowe Navigates Worship in the SpotlightAfter leaving Maverick City Music, the singer is launching his own label focused on authenticity in a field increasingly crowded by celebrity.