This year’s top articles for pastors gather around a common question: What does spiritual health and wholeness look like for those in full-time ministry? “What unites me with a thousand other pastors who are both godly and dysfunctional?” asked Todd Wilson in the most-read CT Pastors piece of the year. “A lack of integration.” This humble confession represents the heart of most articles on this list. Pastors face unique challenges, but they will overcome their temptations in the same way as their congregants, through the steady formation of the Holy Spirit and God’s Word. Amy Simpson wrote in another article that pastors will be at their healthiest when they acknowledge their humanity. “There are no substitutes for inner work, humble transparency, open-handed leadership, and true relationship.” Here are the top articles for pastors our readers viewed this year, in reverse order of lesser read to most-read.
Find hope and historical insight. For a limited time, explore 60+ years of CT archives for free!
- Daily devotions from Timothy Dalrymple during this pandemic.
- Hundreds of theology and spiritual formation classics from Philip Yancey, Elisabeth Elliot, John Stott, and more.
- Home delivery of new issues in print with access to all past issues online.
- View the complete archive.
- Join now and get print issues access to archive PDFs.