- Christianity Today’s 2023 Book AwardsOur picks for the books most likely to shape evangelical life, thought, and culture.
- How to Stay Hitched When Your Wife Ditches YouHarrison Scott Key’s latest book gives a tragi-comic take on the Christian humility required to stay married.
- Become a Shadow of Your Future SelfManifesting isn’t the answer. Consenting to holiness is.
- With Drug Overdoses on the Rise, Churches Need an All-Hands-on-Deck AttitudeConservative and progressive Christians favor different approaches, and both have their place.
Sola Scripturas: Can Evangelicals Befriend the ‘Protestant Reformers of Islam’?Interview with scholar of American Salafism finds commonalities—and potential for engagement—between the austere Islamic interpretive movement and the Christian community most wary of them.
- J. K. Rowling’s Witch Hunts Put Us on TrialWhat our anger towards this controversial cultural figure reveals about us.Français简体中文繁體中文
- Darwin’s Dirty Secret Lives OnA recent book on evolutionary theory fails to reckon with the social side of natural selection.
Moses Was Bicultural Like MeGod chose a Hebrew raised as an Egyptian to lead his people out of slavery.
- Christian Faith Was Jackie Robinson’s Haven in a Heartless WorldA new biography offers an intimate account of his spiritual life, on and off the baseball field.
- Sammi Cheng: ‘Not Having a Smooth Path Allowed Me to Be Gentler and More Humble’The Hong Kong Christian actress and singer experienced God’s grace in depression and marital crisis and grew in her acting career简体中文繁體中文
- Barely Anyone Reads the Bible in Germany. So Why Are Luther Bibles Selling So Well?A revised edition of Reformer’s translation ranked among 2022 bestsellers.
- We Are Not Our WorldviewAs Christians, we often define ourselves by ideology, but Jesus calls us to a deeper sense of identity.español简体中文繁體中文
- Evangelical End Times Thinking Has a Baby-and-Bathwater IssueWe shouldn’t toss out Christ’s second coming with bizarre theories of how it will unfold.españolFrançais
- Save the Planet. Read Nature Fiction.As an ecologist, I believe that works of literature draw us closer to God and deeper into creation care.
- The Power and Peril of Spiritual ‘Evolution’ StoriesThey can encourage people on similar journeys. They can also misconstrue one’s own.
- What Singleness Reveals about the World to ComeUnmarried Christians can live as signposts of the new creation.Português简体中文繁體中文
- Conflict Between Science and Religion Is Always Possible but Never InevitableA new history challenges perceptions that the two are either completely autonomous or completely at odds.
- Love, Joy, and Peace Are a Package DealDon’t ignore their ordering in Paul’s passage on the fruit of the Spirit.
- Carl Henry’s Temptation (And Ours)What we can learn from Christianity Today's troubling history of working with J. Edgar Hoover.Français
- The Bible Does Everything Critical Theory Does, but BetterScripture offers a deeper analysis of modern society than modern society could give itself.Français
- The Bible Is Literature. It’s Also Your Boss.We owe to Scripture something we don’t owe any other book: our obedience.
News & Reporting
- Make American Politics Hopeful AgainHow the call to “carry one another’s burdens” breaks down partisan stalemates.
My Top 5
- 5 Theology Books from the Global ChurchChosen by Geethanjali Tupps, CT Global books editor.
- 5 Books on Women in the Global ChurchChosen by Gina Zurlo, author of “Global Christianity: A Guide to the World’s Largest Religion from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.”
Top Story June 2, 2023It’s Time to Forgive Each Other Our Pandemic Sins
As the COVID-19 emergency ends, the church can lead the world into a spirit of amnesty.
Enter The Vault
Browse our Full Library of online archives, including past issues of CT magazine.Access the Archives