Matt Chandler is the lead pastor of the Village Church, a 11,000-member Southern Baptist megachurch with five campuses in the Dallas area, and the president of the Acts 29 Network. A leader in the Reformed movement, Chandler succeeded Acts 29 founder Mark Driscoll to take over the church-planting organization starting in 2012. The Texas pastor survived brain cancer, having surgery to remove a tumor and treat the condition with chemo when he was just 35. His wife, Lauren Chandler, is a singer and worship leader.
Matt Chandler, the Preacher Stung by Joy
The young Reformed pastor is supposed to take the Acts 29 Network to the ends of the earth. Why he may be just the man to do it.
- Matt Chandler Restored to Ministry After Three MonthsThe Village Church offers few details about process it says was successful.Daniel Silliman|español
- Matt Chandler Steps Aside After Inappropriate Online RelationshipElders at The Village Church said Instagram direct messages “revealed something unhealthy.”Daniel Silliman|
- Acts 29 CEO Removed Amid ‘Accusations of Abusive Leadership’Steve Timmis was acclaimed for his model of close church community. But former members claim that inside The Crowded House, he resorted to bullying and control.Kate Shellnutt|
- Max Lucado, Beth Moore, and Hundreds of Evangelicals Call for Immigration Reform … AgainA year after their letter opposing the refugee ban, the biggest names in the church are defending Dreamers, persecuted Christians, and more.Kate Shellnutt|
- The Rise of Reformed CharismaticsA 21st-century global movement sets the Word on fire with gospel preaching and powerful spiritual gifts.Brett McCracken|
- Matt Chandler Never Wanted a Big Church. How He Ended Up With Six.Over the next five years, each Dallas-area location gets a Village of its own.Kate Shellnutt|
- Quick To ListenEpisode 77|43minWhat Matt Chandler and Tim Keller’s Churches’ Transitions Mean for the Multisite MovementAfter the influential Texas and New York bodies announce that their campuses are becoming autonomous, what’s next?CT Editors |
- Matt Chandler’s Village Church Ends Multisite EraWhy the Dallas megachurch has decided to go from one church to six.Kate Shellnutt|
- The Rise of the Nons: Protestants Keep Ditching DenominationsNondenominational identity has doubled in the US since 2000, Gallup finds.Kate Shellnutt|
- Lauren Chandler: How God Wrings Out Praise During Tough TimesThe singer, pastor’s wife, and author opens up about God’s ‘Steadfast Love.’Interview by Megan Hill|