Subscribe to this Podcast:
One of the areas hardest-hit by COVID was the restaurant industry. This episode features a conversation with Mark Canlis, whose family restaurant has been a longtime favorite in Seattle. In order to survive, Canlis tried many different creative solutions over the last year. Mark and his wife, Anne Marie, joined Sandra to talk about patience—in their work as restaurant owners, in parenthood, in hospitality, and in leaning toward the good in times of great uncertainty.
Steadfast is a production of Sandra McCracken in partnership with Christianity Today.
Produced by Sandra McCracken, Leslie Eiler Thompson
Written by Leslie Eiler Thompson
Edited by Andrew Osenga
Mastered by Mike Cosper
Music by Sandra McCracken
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingChristian and Missionary Alliance Will Ordain WomenMinisters may now use the title “pastor” regardless of gender.
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- RelatedIt’s Time to Forgive Each Other Our Pandemic SinsAs the COVID-19 emergency ends, the church can lead the world into a spirit of amnesty.
- Editor's PickMost US Pastors Use Armed Congregants as Church SecurityWith shootings on the rise, more churches are dropping no-firearms policies and turning to gun-carriers in their flock, survey finds.