The Latest in Movie News
Here's some of the past few days' most interesting movie chatter:
- The New York Times has published a video discussion about the pros and cons of going to a movie theater. The biggest downside? Public manners seem to be a thing of the past.
- Director Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Inception, Memento) has found his next mind-bending project, a new film called Interstellar about astronauts travelling through time and alternate dimensions.
- Metaphysical filmmaker Shane Carruth (of the excellent 2004 low-budget thriller Primer) is set to direct Upstream Color, "which combines elements of an abduction plot, a love story and a cosmic science experiment." This is the second film for the former engineer.
- The "great lizards" are set to dominate the silver screen this year. Steven Spielberg has nabbed indie star Colin Trevorrow as director for Jurassic Park 4, hoping the 3-D re-release of the original classic will introduce the franchise to a new generation.
- Warner Bros donated several iconic items from American film to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, including Batman's mask and Willy Wonka's props. You can read the full announcement.