2009 was also an exciting first year for the CT women's blog! Thanks especially to all our writers, who went the extra mile to stay on top of the news cycle and deliver timely commentary. And many thanks to you, our readers, for leaving what the CT editors consider some of the most thoughtful (and least derogatory) comments of all the CT blogs. If there are topics you'd like to see covered in the coming year, please e-mail blog editors Katelyn Beaty (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Pulliam Bailey (email@example.com).
(10) "Why Do We Love Susan Boyle?" by Sarah Pulliam Bailey // Comments: 19
If you haven't seen the viral video of Susan Boyle yet, take a few minutes to watch it.
It's worth it.
(9) "The Case for Male Circumcision," by Christine A. Scheller // Comments: 114
Why the arguments from sentiment and sexual pleasure don't cut it for me.
(8) "Never Been Kissed," by Susan Wunderink // Comments: 31
The Virgin Lips movement, and shades of 'how far is too far?'
(7) "When Serving Makes You Sick: An Interview with Anne Jackson," by Katelyn Beaty // Comments: 35
Popular blogger Anne Jackson has witnessed hurting church leaders from an early age.
(6) "A Good Man Is Hard to Find," by Ruth Moon // Comments: 83
Early marriage sounds great—as long as there are mature Christian men willing to initiate.
(5) "The Duggars: The Anti-Gosselins," by Laura Leonard // Comments: 27
When reality TV marriage actually works.
(4) "Juanita Bynum Returns to Conference Stage," by Alicia Cohn // Comments: 21
Self-declared prophetess emerges after domestic abuse court case and TV circuit.
(3) "Dancing Down the Aisle," by Laura Leonard // Comments: 31 What a viral wedding-dance video can teach about the meaning of marriage. ...1
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 60+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more