2009 was also an exciting first year for the CT women's blog! Thanks especially to all our writers, who went the extra mile to stay on top of the news cycle and deliver timely commentary. And many thanks to you, our readers, for leaving what the CT editors consider some of the most thoughtful (and least derogatory) comments of all the CT blogs. If there are topics you'd like to see covered in the coming year, please e-mail blog editors Katelyn Beaty (email@example.com) or Sarah Pulliam Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(10) "Why Do We Love Susan Boyle?" by Sarah Pulliam Bailey // Comments: 19
If you haven't seen the viral video of Susan Boyle yet, take a few minutes to watch it.
It's worth it.
(9) "The Case for Male Circumcision," by Christine A. Scheller // Comments: 114
Why the arguments from sentiment and sexual pleasure don't cut it for me.
(8) "Never Been Kissed," by Susan Wunderink // Comments: 31
The Virgin Lips movement, and shades of 'how far is too far?'
(7) "When Serving Makes You Sick: An Interview with Anne Jackson," by Katelyn Beaty // Comments: 35
Popular blogger Anne Jackson has witnessed hurting church leaders from an early age.
(6) "A Good Man Is Hard to Find," by Ruth Moon // Comments: 83
Early marriage sounds great—as long as there are mature Christian men willing to initiate.
(5) "The Duggars: The Anti-Gosselins," by Laura Leonard // Comments: 27
When reality TV marriage actually works.
(4) "Juanita Bynum Returns to Conference Stage," by Alicia Cohn // Comments: 21
Self-declared prophetess emerges after domestic abuse court case and TV circuit.
(3) "Dancing Down the Aisle," by Laura Leonard // Comments: 31
What a viral wedding-dance video can teach about the meaning of marriage.
(2) "The Other Miss California Controversy," by Katelyn Beaty // Comments: 91
Carrie Prejean might have stood up for Christian sexual ethics by skipping the Miss USA pageant altogether.
(1) "Jon and Kate Plus a Lot of Bitterness," by Lynn Roush, guest blogger // Comments: 75
The Gosselins need to confess their sins to Christian friends rather than to the TV camera.
Other notable posts of 2009:
"Jenny Sanford Offers Forgiveness After Husband's Affair," by Sarah Pulliam Bailey // Comments: 32
"The Day We Let Our Son Live," by Ellen Hsu, guest blogger // Comments: 23
"Adoption: Single Christians Need Not Apply," by Julia Duin // Comments: 83
"The Persecuted Rifqa Bary?" by Katelyn Beaty // Comments: 43
"Neda: More Than Her Death," by Christine A. Scheller // Comments: 6
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingAfter Nashville, Moral Numbness Is Our EnemyShootings have become normal to the American public. But as Christians, we know better.
- From the MagazineBhutanese Nepali Refugees Turn Their Trials into Zeal for EvangelismThousands found Jesus while displaced, which prepared them to plant churches and settle in a new land.
- RelatedWhen Does the Bible Allow Divorce?Scripture’s guidance for broken, hurting marriages简体中文繁體中文
- Editor's PickLiberty Appoints Retired General, Air Force Chaplain as New PresidentAlumnus Dondi E. Costin steps in to lead years after Jerry Falwell Jr.’s scandal.