Style: Quiet, contemplative rock
Top tracks: "Fill Me Up," "How He Loves," "Glory of God"
In a nutshell: Having penned a handful of the modern church's most sung worship tunes, Desperation Band founding member Jared Anderson tempers his artist persona with his associate pastor duties at Colorado Springs' New Life Church. Corralling his home church folk for support, the personality of Anderson's first live venture is undoubtedly congregational, with plenty of choir and crowd voices present in the mix. While his own vocal is distinctive enough to solo, its passionate delivery aids Anderson in the call to worship the greatness of God rather than man. Featuring ten new tracks alongside Anderson standard "Glorified" and John Mark McMillan's "How He Loves," Live is a worthwhile complement to any believer's private worship time.
Copyright © 2009 Christian Music Today. Click for reprint information.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.
- From the MagazineOur Worship Is Turning Praise into Secular ProfitWith corporate consolidation in worship music, more entities are invested in the songs sung on Sunday mornings. How will their financial incentives shape the church?español
- Editor's PickNominate a Book for the 2024 Christianity Today Book AwardsInstructions for publishers.