17.3% Average percentage of total bill that Christians tip for good service.
13% Christians who generally tip less than 15 percent.
Source: Journal of Applied Psychology
79%: Protestant megachurches (2,000+ attendance) that are growing.
20% Protestant churches of all sizes that are growing.
Source: Leadership Network
50,768: Total number of Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) congregations in 2011.
19.8%: Those identifying as an ethnicity other than Anglo.
36.3%: Americans who identify as non-Anglo.
Source: North American Mission Board / 2010 U.S. Census
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingJunia, the Female Apostle Imprisoned for the GospelWhat Scripture tells us about the story of this “outstanding” Jewish woman in chains.
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.简体中文繁體中文
- Editor's PickPresbyterian School Mourns 6 Dead in Nashville ShootingVictims include the head of school and the 9-year-old daughter of the church’s lead pastor.español