Subscribe to this Podcast:
Welcome to a new quarterly feature of The Russell Moore Show: all about books! The enthusiastic listener response to the “Best of Books 2022” episode encouraged Russell and producer Ashley Hales to share their recent reads more often.
Tune in for a conversation that celebrates reading widely while also going deep into a few books, specifically Looking for the Hidden Folkby Nancy Marie Brown. This episode delves into the tendency to praise or criticize people based on their generation, the effect of social media and influencers, and genre-bending works by both Christian and secular authors.
Books discussed on this episode include:
- Looking for the Hidden Folk: How Iceland’s Elves Can Save The Earthby Nancy Marie Brown
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
- A Secular Age by Charles Taylor
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
- The Aftermath: The Last Days of the Baby Boom and the Future of Power in Americaby Philip Bump
- The Old Ways: A Journey on Footby Robert Macfarlane
- The works of Eugene Peterson
- Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community by Robert D. Putnam
- The Influencer Industry: The Quest for Authenticity on Social Media by Emily Hund
Speaking of books, pre-order Russell’s new title, Losing Our Religion: An Altar Call for Evangelical America, here!
Do you have a question for Russell Moore? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ashley Hales is the producer of The Russell Moore Show, founder of Willowbrae Institute, and an author. Find out more at aahales.com.
Click here for a trial membership at Christianity Today.
“The Russell Moore Show” is a production of Christianity Today
Executive Producers: Erik Petrik, Russell Moore, and Mike Cosper
Host: Russell Moore
Producer: Ashley Hales
Associate Producers: Abby Perry and Azurae Phelps
CT Administration: Christine Kolb
Social Media: Kate Lucky
Director of Operations for CT Media: Matt Stevens
Production Assistance: coreMEDIA
Audio Engineer: Kevin Duthu
Coordinator: Beth Grabenkort
Video Producer: John Roland
Theme Song: “Dusty Delta Day” by Lennon Hutton
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.
- From the MagazineHow One Family’s Faith Survived Three Generations in the PulpitWith a front-row seat to their parents’ failures and burnout, a long line of pastor’s kids still went into ministry. Why?
- RelatedThe Russell Moore ShowEpisode 53|49minRainn Wilson Tells Me Where I’m Wrong on SpiritualityThe actor and writer hopes today’s young people will give faith a chance.
- Editor's PickTheological Education Can’t Catch Up to Global Church GrowthUnless seminaries leave the ivory tower for local leaders in the public square. Like these ones have.