Subscribe to this Podcast:
In this episode Heather and DeVon talk about his experience being raised one of three sons with a “village” of women supporting him after his father’s untimely death. DeVon also shares what he believes are some of the fair criticisms of Christianity, while encouraging people to follow after the model set before them in the life of Jesus Christ.
DeVon celebrates women as a crucial part of his own family, he says they were a pivotal piece in the success of his career, and he believes they hold a distinguished role in the celebration of the gospel.
DeVon Franklin serves as President and CEO of Franklin Entertainment, a dynamic production company in conjunction with Paramount Pictures and CBS TV Studios. His films have grossed over 175 million at the box office.
He’s the driving force behind some of Hollywood’s most successful inspirational films including BREAKTHROUGH, a fantastic film with Chrissy Metz from This is Us, and MIRACLES FROM HEAVEN.
He is the author of It Takes A Woman and in this riveting and soul-stirring Audible Original, author and Hollywood insider DeVon Franklin introduces us to the women who raised him—a “village of love” that selflessly came together to shape him into the man he is today in the wake of his father’s tragic death. With this heartfelt memoir, Franklin inspires listeners to celebrate the universal power of women and embrace his village as their own.
Mentioned in This Episode
U.S. has world’s highest rate of children living in single-parent households by Pew Research
Heather Thompson Day is an associate professor of communication at Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. She is the author of seven books, including It’s Not Your Turn. Reach out to Heather on Twitter @HeatherTDay and on Instagram @heatherthompsonday.
Viral Jesus is a production of Christianity Today
Host and creator: Heather Thompson Day
Producer: Loren Joseph
Executive Producer: Ed Gilbreath
Director of CT Podcasts: Mike Cosper
Associate Producer of CT Podcasts: Azurae Phelps
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingRussell Moore: I Already Miss Tim Keller’s Wise VoiceThe late pastor theologian gave strong counsel to me and so many others in ministry.
- From the MagazineWhen Politics Saved 25 Million LivesTwenty years ago, Republicans, Democrats, evangelicals, gay activists, and African leaders joined forces to combat AIDS. Will their legacy survive today’s partisanship?
- RelatedOn Tucker Carlson and the Fear of Being ReplacedChristians who seek the wrong kingdom will dread the wrong apocalypse.
- Editor's PickWorship Music Is Emotionally Manipulative. Do You Trust the Leader Plucking the Strings?The Spirit is at work, but so are the mechanisms around high-production sets.