Virtues and Vices
- Words Are Holy. So Why Don’t We Talk Like They Are?Christians should cherish words in a disposable age.
- All the World’s Not a StageIn a culture given to performative virtue, we need reminders that God delights in hidden righteousness.
- Apathy Used to Be a Virtue. But It’s Our Culture’s Hidden Vice.How acedia became the enemy of our souls.PortuguêsFrançais
- Confessions of a Past Culture WarriorDuring my youth, I played the polemicist. Here’s what I learned about true righteousness.简体中文繁體中文
- What Lent Teaches Me About the Vices of TimeFasting resists our society’s expectations about efficiency and instant gratification.Português
- Hillsong Leaders Need Character More than CharismaBrian Houston’s resignation reminds us we need godly pastors, not just gifted ones.Português简体中文한국어Indonesian繁體中文
- Why We Need the Evangelical JeremiadSpeaking about dangers and errors is no failure of love for one’s own community.
- Self-Care Only Works in God’s CareChristian faith calls not for indulgence or self-denial but something else entirely.
- Books Open Windows into HolinessHow models from literature guide us toward the good.
- Shame Is Often Toxic and Harmful. Sometimes, It’s Just What We Deserve.A Christian philosopher pushes back on attempts to rid ourselves of this unloved emotion.