37% Mobile device users who check e-mail while driving.
12% Mobile device users who check e-mail during church.
$29 million Amount from Jerry Falwell's life insurance payout that went to Liberty University, canceling the school's debt.
$82 million The school's debt during its 1992 financial crisis.
Source: The News & Advance
$56,959 Average annual compensation, including salary and benefits, for solo pastors.
10.4% How much more female solo pastors make than their male counterparts.
Source: Your Church Resources via Leadership
Copyright © 2007 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See our earlier Go Figure postings from September 2007, August 2007, July 2007, June 2007, May 2007, April 2007, March 2007, February 2007, January 2007, December 2006, November 2006, and earlier issues.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Our digital archives are a work in progress. Let us know if corrections need to be made.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingJunia, the Female Apostle Imprisoned for the GospelWhat Scripture tells us about the story of this “outstanding” Jewish woman in chains.Português
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.简体中文繁體中文
- RelatedHillsong Says It Is Moving ForwardNew revelations will require increased accountability, but pastor wants to look to the future.
- Editor's PickResisting the Impulse of Self-OptimizationIn Lent, we realign our identity in Christ and recover our sense of being loved into existence by our Creator.