1.9% Media coverage in the presidential primary season that focused on religion.
2.1% Media coverage that focused on race or gender.
80.8% Media coverage that focused on campaign strategy and other "horse-race" elements.
(Source: Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life)
40% "Unchurched" Americans (those who say they don't regularly attend services) who actually attend on occasion.
37% "Churched" Americans (those who say they are regular attenders) who don't attend at least weekly.
(Source: Ellison Research)
35% Likelihood in 1990 that a pregnancy in a U.S. woman under 18 ended in abortion.
29% Likelihood in 2004.
46% Drop in the pregnancy rate among women under 18 between 1990 and 2004.
(Source: National Vital Statistics Reports)
Copyright © 2008 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See our earlier Go Figure postings from August 2008, July 2008, June 2008, May 2008, April 2008, March 2008, February 2008, January 2008, December 2007, November 2007, October 2007, September 2007, and earlier issues.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Our digital archives are a work in progress. Let us know if corrections need to be made.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingJunia, the Female Apostle Imprisoned for the GospelWhat Scripture tells us about the story of this “outstanding” Jewish woman in chains.Português
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.简体中文繁體中文
- RelatedHillsong Says It Is Moving ForwardNew revelations will require increased accountability, but pastor wants to look to the future.
- Editor's PickPresbyterian School Mourns 6 Dead in Nashville ShootingVictims include the head of school and the 9-year-old daughter of the church’s lead pastor.español