Style: '90s gospel sound a la Amy Grant and the days of CeCe & BeBe Winans.
Top Tracks: "The Healing Part," "His Strength Is Perfect," "He's Always There"
Dedicating this new project to those who are hurting and lonely, Winans focuses on uplifting songs that center on God' strength when we are weak. An honorable idea, but each song has the same mid-tempo feel, and the album loses some of that positive energy as it goes along. But the biggest distraction from Winans' amazing voice is the 1990s-like production. The drum samples and synth parts, especially on "The Healing Part," are thin and very reminiscent of old Amy Grant. The songwriting is solid, but this album needs a little modernizing and a splash of variety.1
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Find hope and historical insight. For a limited time, explore 60+ years of CT archives for free!
- Daily devotions from Timothy Dalrymple during this pandemic.
- Hundreds of theology and spiritual formation classics from Philip Yancey, Elisabeth Elliot, John Stott, and more.
- Home delivery of new issues in print with access to all past issues online.
- View the complete archive.
- Join now and get print issues access to archive PDFs.