- Martyrs' Brigade: Militant Muslims murder Christians in Pakistan, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Sudan, and Nigeria.
- Might for the Right: Conservative Christians rally as Republicans gain control of Congress.
- Pronoun Politics: Bible scholars dispute gender translation in Today's New International Version.
- Faith Clash: Missouri Synod Lutherans, Baptists, and other conservatives struggle over participating in interfaith services.
- Theology-rattling: With an eye on Iraq, Christians debate just-war doctrine, merits of pre-emptive attack.
- Staying the Course: 'Confessing' movement of classic Christians expands inside mainline denominations.
- Persecution Archive: New documents from China chronicle 22,000 cases of religious persecution.
- Public School Pullout: More Christian parents, objecting to pro-gay curriculum, remove kids from public education.
- Untying the Gay Knot: Conservatives gather support for Federal Marriage Amendment. Canadian Anglicans split over same-sex unions.
- Dalit Turnabout: Asia's 'Untouchables' reject Hinduism; more turn to Christianity than ever before.
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more