Style: Rap/hip-hop; compare to Eminem, TobyMac, KJ-52
Top tracks: "Radio Makes You Lonely," "Confident," "So Sexy For All the Right Reasons"
Over his decade-plus career, John Reuben has proven his street cred and spiritual merit, blending themes of faith with his catchy hip-hop production techniques. The trend remains on this sixth studio CD, but the rapper steps up his lyrical game another notch; as the album title suggests, these are songs of resisting peer pressure and temptation. It's a bit deeper than Reuben typically digs, but there's plenty of fun too; it's a veritable party from start to finish with plenty of rhythmic rhyming and an upbeat vibe.
Copyright © 2009 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingJunia, the Female Apostle Imprisoned for the GospelWhat Scripture tells us about the story of this “outstanding” Jewish woman in chains.
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.简体中文繁體中文
- Editor's PickPresbyterian School Mourns 6 Dead in Nashville ShootingVictims include the head of school and the 9-year-old daughter of the church’s lead pastor.español