Thank you to Her.meneutics' faithful readers and stumble-upon visitors for making 2010 an excellent year thus far. We editors have seen a noticeable uptick in the number of visitors to the blog, and readers' comments are overwhelmingly deep-thinking, courteous, generous, and actually engaging the topic at hand.
Speaking of topics, we'd love to hear what ideas, books, debates, and trends are shaping your worlds. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what our bloggers should be covering and why.
(10) Saving the Life of a Shaken Baby, by Christine A. Scheller // February 5
Byron and Susan Mondoks' adoption of their granddaughter, abused by her birth father, unearths the meaning of love in action.
(9) Female Sex Addict: Not an Oxymoron, interview by Katelyn Beaty // April 26
Marnie Ferree's No Stones: Women Redeemed from Sexual Addiction challenges easy assumptions about who gets addicted and why.
(8) Caught between the Easter Bunny and the Empty Grave, by Amy Julia Becker // April 1
Reducing Easter to a purely spiritual celebration is almost as problematic as reducing it to a consumer smorgasbord.
(7) Christian Female Musicians, Missing in Action, by Laura Leonard // May 20
What accounts for the surprising dearth of women in today's CCM scene?
(6) Little Girls and Single Ladies, by Elrena Evans // June 3
The backlash to the video of 8-year-olds gyrating to Beyonce suggests there's still hope for our culture.
(5) Marriage: A Dying to the Self, by Lynn Roush, guest blogger // May 4
Paul Tripp's What Did You Expect? refreshingly goes beyond gender roles to arrive at the crux of marital problems: the kingdom of self.
(4) Lady Gaga: Champion of Abstinence? by Laura Leonard // April 19 The wave of celebrities ...1
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more