Style: Hard rock; compare to Dream Theater, Underoath, Coheed & Cambria
Top tracks: "Whisper (Calling You)," "Still Mystery," "Heroes Legacy"
These heavy rockers from Portugal bring a clear spiritual message to their music. The band rocks just as hard as any of today's major players, coupled with slivers of progressive rock influences and impeccable musicianship; they could easily find a home alongside any of the hardcore acts on the Solid State label. The ballads are the only time this disc falters, with their awkward phrasing and thick accents much better suited to full-throttle screams, slashing guitars, and gritty percussion.
Copyright © 2010 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingAfter Nashville, Moral Numbness Is Our EnemyShootings have become normal to the American public. But as Christians, we know better.
- From the MagazineIs It Time to Quit ‘Quiet Time’?Effective biblical engagement must be about more than one’s personal experience with Scripture.
- Editor's PickThis Palm Sunday, Ponder Donkeys, Not BranchesFor his entry into Jerusalem, Jesus picked a symbol of lowliness rather than military might.