Download a PDF of this article here
Copyright © 2010 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Previous Christianity Today articles on television and American Idol include:
An 'Idol' with Soul | Jason Castro only finished third on 'American Idol,' but this fan favorite—and committed Christian—is a solid songwriter whose debut album recently released. (April 27, 2010)
Behind the Idols | An interview with Mandisa and Phil Stacey. (May 1, 2008)
Idol Worship? | Christians continue to shine on American Idol even as Christian alternatives to the popular show crop up. Can they co-exist? Can both bring glory to God? (December 17, 2007)
CT previously spotlighted Haiti, Robert Park, persecution, Supreme Court and crosses, international religious liberty advocates, and church violence.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
This article is from the May 2010 issue.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Already a subscriber? Log In
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingDon’t Pretend the Ugandan Homosexuality Law Is ChristianNot everything that’s a sin is a crime—let alone one punishable by death.Français简体中文繁體中文
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- RelatedA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.简体中文繁體中文
- Editor's PickPCA’s 50th Anniversary Comes During a Season of GriefPresbyterians expect less fight and more fatigue as they gather following the Covenant shooting and the deaths of Harry Reeder and Tim Keller.