Subscribe to this Podcast:
What does it mean to be a good steward? This question threads through discussion of this week’s news about indictments against Donald Trump, the failure of regional banks, and the reputation of Christians in Hollywood.
In this episode, Mike Cosper and editor in chief Russell Moore talk about current indictments against the former president and marvel at the tenacity of millennial and Gen Z faith in the face of moral deviancy. Next, Dolores Bamford, Co-Chief Investment Officer of Eventide, and Faina Rozental, a research analyst for Eventide, join Cosper for conversation about Silicon Valley Bank and the dangers of poor stewardship in the financial industry. The three discuss the end of the “era of free” and consider the role of Christian witness in an industry that often only sees green.
Finally, Russell Moore rejoins the conversation to talk about Christians in Hollywood - why they often look so bad on screen and what they need to do to change that. The theme of stewardship reemerges as Cosper and Moore end the episode by exchanging their redemptive film favorites.
Joining us this week:
Dolores Bamford, CFA, serves as Co-Chief Investment Officer for Eventide and Senior Portfolio Manager for Eventide’s dividend growth, multi-asset income, and fixed income strategies. Ms. Bamford has over 25 years of investment experience. Prior to joining Eventide in 2019, she was with Goldman Sachs Asset Management for 13 years (2002-2015). Ms. Bamford holds an S.M. in Management from the MIT Sloan School of Management, a dual-M.A. in Theology and Church History from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and a B.A. in Economics from Wellesley College. She is a CFA Charterholder and member of the Boston Society of Security Analysts.
Faina Rozental serves as a Research Analyst for Eventide. She is primarily responsible for evaluating and monitoring new and existing investment opportunities in the portfolios. Ms. Rozental has an MBA with certificates in finance and sustainability from the MIT Sloan School of Management. During her time at MIT, she worked at Goldman Sachs and the MIT Office of Sustainability. Prior to MIT, she managed social due diligence at Root Capital, an agricultural impact investor, and earlier was responsible for OECD research sales in North America. Ms. Rozental holds a B.A./M.A. in Economics from Boston University.
“Donald Trump is Not the Moral Leader We Need” by Russell Moore
The Human Condition by Hannah Arendt
“The Real Reason Silicon Valley Bank Collapsed” by David Bahnsen
HBO’s “The Last of Us”
Rainn Wilson’s tweet
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
Exit 36 by Robert Capon
The Tree of Life
Joe Versus the Volcano
“The Bulletin” is a production of Christianity Today
Executive Producer: Erik Petrik
Hosts: Mike Cosper and Russell Moore
Producer: Matt Stevens
Associate Producer: Azurae Phelps
Editing and Mix: TJ Hester
Music: Dan Phelps
Graphic Design: Bryan Todd
Additional Design: Seth Dady
Social Media: Kate Lucky
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingWorship Music Is Emotionally Manipulative. Do You Trust the Leader Plucking the Strings?The Spirit is at work, but so are the mechanisms around high-production sets.español
- From the MagazineEve’s Legacy Is Both Sin and RedemptionThe first woman tried to get free of God. But when she aligned herself with God’s purposes, she became the ‘Mother of All the Living.’
- RelatedLawsuit: Vineyard Anaheim Exit Was About Money, Not Holy SpiritCarol Wimber-Wong and eight former members accuse Dwelling Place pastors of $62 million fraud.
- Editor's PickThe Spiritual Battle of Teen Screen TimeKids’ addictions to their phones isn’t a legislative issue. It’s a discipleship one.