Subscribe to this Podcast:
It’s a brand-new season of Viral Jesus, and change is in the air. In this first episode of Season 3, Heather is joined by a surprise guest to help her introduce a new segment called #Blessed. It’s a fun and breezy look at headlines and ideas from the world of tech and social media. Heather also previews a new Viral Jesus formation project called “pod-classes” that will connect and build upon her weekly conversations with Christian content creators, influencers, and thought leaders.
For the inaugural, six-part series of pod-classes, the theme is “healing.” And Heather invites us to join her on a journey toward renewal. Together we will take the pulse of our relationship with social media, interrogate our tendency for constant comparison, and learn how to make time to lift our sights away from the screen and “look a little higher.”
Mentioned in This Episode
Is It Even Possible to Be an Authentic Person Online?
Don’t Check Work Email on Vacation: Why Constant Connection Is Driving Burnout
Exhausted Nation: Americans More Tired Than Ever Survey Finds
Anxiety Grows Among Americans as Crisis After Crisis Spirals Out Of Control
Nearly Half of Americans Think They Are A Better Person Than Everyone They Know
Heather Thompson Day is an associate professor of communication at Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. She is the author of eight books, including, I'll See You Tomorrow, releasing in October, and It’s Not Your Turn. Reach out to Heather on Twitter @HeatherTDay and on Instagram @heatherthompsonday.
Viral Jesus is a production of Christianity Today
Host and creator: Heather Thompson Day
Executive Producer: Ed Gilbreath
Producer: Loren Joseph
Associate Producer: Azurae Phelps
Mix Engineer: Alex Carter
Director of CT Podcasts: Mike Cosper
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingCompany that Trademarked ‘Worship Leader’ Makes Others Drop the TermPopular meme accounts lose social media pages after being reported by Authentic Media, which says it coined the phrase.
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.简体中文繁體中文
- RelatedKnowing the Future Doesn’t Cure AnxietyOur true comfort comes in trusting in the one who holds tomorrow.Português
- Editor's PickPresbyterian School Mourns 6 Dead in Nashville ShootingVictims include the head of school and the 9-year-old daughter of the church’s lead pastor.español