Lauren F. Winner, the former book editor for Beliefnet, is the author of three books: Girl Meets God, Mudhouse Sabbath, and most recently, Real Sex: The Naked Truth about Chastity. She has appeared on PBS's Religion & Ethics Newsweekly and has written for The New York Times Book Review, The Washington Post Book World, Publishers Weekly, and Christianity Today magazine. Her essays have been included in The Best Christian Writing 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2006.
Lauren has degrees from Columbia and Cambridge Universities and holds a doctorate in the history of American religion. She lives in Durham, North Carolina, with her husband, Griff Gatewood.
Read Lauren's Gifted for Leadership articles:
– "Redefining Singles Ministry" (January 9, 2007)
See Lauren's contributions to our other Christianity Today International resources:
– "Sex in the Body of Christ", Christianity Today magazine (August 6, 2007)
– "Aromatheology", Books & Culture magazine (May 1, 2007)
– "Sex and the Single Christian" (a review of Lauren's book Real Sex), Books & Culture magazine (May 1, 2005)
– "3 Fibs and a Truth about Sex", Leadership journal (April 1, 2005)
– "Lauren Winner's Faith Still a Bit Jewish", Christianity Today magazine (January 1, 2004)
– "Sabbath and Strangers", Books & Culture magazine (March 1, 2000)
– "Rockett, Lara, and Barbie", Books & Culture magazine (May 1, 1999)
– "American Girls as We Want Them to Be", Books & Culture magazine (September 1, 1998)