- Position yourself in front of a window.
- Focus on the clouds.
- Begin to talk to God, worship him, tell him how much you love him.
- Bask in his love and presence.
- Picture his love washing over you, and his arms holding you.
- Speak out loud what you’re grateful for. (It’s hard for anxiety producing thoughts to co-exist with thoughts of gratitude.)
When I do these things, I’m aware of God’s presence and reminded of his love for me. The loudness of my thoughts quiets, and my soul settles down. I feel refreshed and ready for the rest of my day. It’s amazing how his presence changes everything. Psalm 131:2 says, “Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself, like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk. Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me” (NLT). As Christ-followers we can access his presence at any time. He is with us always and desires to commune with us. And when I’m in the midst of “working my invisible job” and the list in my head is on high speed, sitting in his presence refreshes me and reminds me that I can cast my cares upon him because he loves me. What a loving God we serve!