3. House Divided: Anglican Communion teeters on the brink of a breakup over the consecration of openly homosexual bishop Gene Robinson.
4. Abortion Progress: President Bush signs bill outlawing partial-birth abortions, the first legal abortion restriction since Roe v. Wade.
7. Economy: Rough financial times bring layoffs and closings at denominations and parachurch agencies.
8. Holy (Land) Terror: Renewed violence in the Middle East impedes administration efforts to jump-start peace process.
9. Life Issues: Brain-damaged Terri Schiavo wins a reprieve; prolife groups rally to support her.1
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 60+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more