3. House Divided: Anglican Communion teeters on the brink of a breakup over the consecration of openly homosexual bishop Gene Robinson.
4. Abortion Progress: President Bush signs bill outlawing partial-birth abortions, the first legal abortion restriction since Roe v. Wade.
7. Economy: Rough financial times bring layoffs and closings at denominations and parachurch agencies.
8. Holy (Land) Terror: Renewed violence in the Middle East impedes administration efforts to jump-start peace process.
9. Life Issues: Brain-damaged Terri Schiavo wins a reprieve; prolife groups rally to support her.1
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more