Subscribe to this Podcast:
Today’s episode concludes our four-part, pod-class series on mentorship. And what better way to finish than with godly wisdom and inspiration from another one of Heather’s favorite online mentors? We’re thrilled to welcome Beth Moore to Viral Jesus. Last week, Jo Saxton guided us through practical tips on what mentoring is, and why we need to cultivate environments that allow us to use our gifts. This week, in often emotional chat, Beth helps us to decipher the voice of God and explains why Scripture is crucial to that process. She also encourages all of us to look for opportunities to be mentors, even if we’ve never had one ourselves.
Heather also sits down with our favorite social media expert, Brady Shearer, to learn about the strategy of inspiration over information when it comes to posting online content. Brady is the director of Pro Church Tools and the church-software platform Nucleus. His work focuses on helping churches navigate the biggest communication shift in 500 years. Make sure to let us know your thoughts about this segment by typing in ViralJesusPod on Instagram or Twitter and including #ViralJesus with your comment.
Author and speaker Beth Moore is a dynamic Bible teacher whose conferences take her around the globe. She has written numerous bestselling books and Bible studies. Her new memoir, All My Knotted-Up Life, debuted at No. 10 on The New York Times bestseller list. She is also the founder and visionary of Living Proof Ministries, based in Houston, Texas.
Join Beth and Heather in person, June 9-10, at Living Proof Live in Fort Washington, Maryland. Get tickets at www.lproof.org/events.
Heather Thompson Day is an associate professor of communication at Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. She is the author of eight books, including I’ll See You Tomorrow and It’s Not Your Turn. Reach out to Heather on Twitter @HeatherTDay and on Instagram @heatherthompsonday.
Viral Jesus is a production of Christianity Today
Host and creator: Heather Thompson Day
Executive Producer: Ed Gilbreath
Producer: Loren Joseph
Associate Producer: Azurae Phelps
Mix Engineer: Alex Carter
Director of CT Podcasts: Mike Cosper
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingCompany that Trademarked ‘Worship Leader’ Makes Others Drop the TermPopular meme accounts lose social media pages after being reported by Authentic Media, which says it coined the phrase.
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.简体中文繁體中文
- RelatedWhy Broken Friendships HurtFor believers, both old and new relationships carry an eternal weight and value.
- Editor's PickChristians, Stop ‘Giving Up God’ for LentIn an age of functional atheism, ‘tis the season for traditional fasting and prayer.