49% Evangelicals who agree with the statement, "My religion is the one, true faith leading to eternal life."
37% Evangelicals who said this a year ago.
64% White evangelicals in the survey who said Judaism can lead to eternal life.
(Source: Pew Forum on Faith and Public Life)
1.52% Evangelical church membership growth during recessions.
0.98% Evangelical church membership growth in non-recession years.
11% The increase in probability that a Protestant will attend church if unemployed.
25% Short-term missionaries who said the trip made them more aware of other people's struggles.
25% Those who said it was "just an experience" that didn't change their lives.
9% Those who said it deepened or enriched their faith.
(Source: Barna Research)
Copyright © 2009 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See our earlier Go Figure postings from January 2009, December 2008, November 2008, October 2008, September 2008, August 2008, July 2008, June 2008, May 2008, April 2008, March 2008, February 2008, January 2008, December 2007, November 2007, October 2007, September 2007, and earlier issues.
Find hope and historical insight. For a limited time, explore 60+ years of CT archives for free!
- Daily devotions from Timothy Dalrymple during this pandemic.
- Hundreds of theology and spiritual formation classics from Philip Yancey, Elisabeth Elliot, John Stott, and more.
- Home delivery of new issues in print with access to all past issues online.
- View the complete archive.
- Join now and get print issues access to archive PDFs.