Whenever I feel particularly vulnerable to sexual temptation, I find it helpful to review what effects my action could have:
* Grieving the Lord who redeemed me.
* Dragging his sacred name into the mud.
* One day having to look Jesus, the Righteous Judge, in the face and give an account of my actions.
* Following in the footsteps of these people whose immorality forfeited their ministries and caused me to shudder: (list names)
* Inflicting untold hurt on Nanci, my best friend and loyal wife.
* Losing Nanci's respect and trust.
* Hurting my beloved daughters, Karina and Angie.
* Destroying my example and credibility with my children, and nullifying both present and future efforts to teach them to obey God ("Why listen to a man who betrayed Mom and us?").
* If my blindness should continue or my wife be unable to forgive, perhaps losing my wife and my children forever.
* Causing shame to my family ("Why isn't Daddy a pastor anymore?").