Shiny Miserable Family: How Bill Gothard’s Ministry Missed the Sin InsideThe Duggar documentary shows how the fundamentalist movement got parenting and children wrong.
- Pastors: Lead Not Your Church into Fear of AIWe can use generative apps for ministry and make our congregations aware of its dangers.
- PCA’s 50th Anniversary Comes During a Season of GriefPresbyterians expect less fight and more fatigue as they gather following the Covenant shooting and the deaths of Harry Reeder and Tim Keller.
- Died: Pat Robertson, Broadcast Pioneer Who Brought Christian TV to the MainstreamWith CBN, “The 700 Club,” Regent, the Christian Coalition, and a run for president, he changed evangelicals’ place in public life.FrançaisIndonesianрусскийУкраїнська
We Believe in the Power of the Gospel, Not the Gospel of PowerThe Duggar documentary reminds Christians that we are the generation not of Joshua but of Jesus.
- Oklahoma Approves First Church-Run Charter School in USSupporters see it as win for religious freedom and school choice, while opponents are gearing up to challenge its constitutionality.
- Most US Pastors Use Armed Congregants as Church SecurityWith shootings on the rise, more churches are dropping no-firearms policies and turning to gun-carriers in their flock, survey finds.
- Seafarer Ministries See Spiritual Needs in Rough Economic WatersMerchant marines are still struggling, body and soul, after COVID-19 and supply chain disruptions.
Welcome, Visitors! Here’s Our Church’s Take on Sex.Hospitality demands that some things be clear from the start.
- Miracles, Self-Reliance, False Teaching: COVID-19’s Impact on Cambodian ChurchesCut off from the world, Cambodian churches emerged with new opportunities and challenges.
- The Spiritual Battle of Teen Screen TimeKids’ addictions to their phones isn’t a legislative issue. It’s a discipleship one.
- Died: Paul Eshleman, Who Brought ‘Jesus’ Film to the Ends of the EarthThe Campus Crusade evangelism strategist wanted everyone in the world to hear the good news that God loved them.españolPortuguêsFrançaisIndonesianрусскийУкраїнська
It’s Time to Forgive Each Other Our Pandemic SinsAs the COVID-19 emergency ends, the church can lead the world into a spirit of amnesty.
- Manipur Christians: ‘The Violence Has Shattered Us’Many from India’s tribal Kuki community have fled their homes. Amid ongoing violence, returning isn’t an option.
- Don’t Pretend the Ugandan Homosexuality Law Is ChristianNot everything that’s a sin is a crime—let alone one punishable by death.Français简体中文繁體中文
- Cyrus, Pharaoh, or Xerxes: Nigerian Christians Seek Parallels for New President They OpposedBola Tinubu spurned tradition to pick a fellow Muslim as his running mate. Believers wonder if he will champion greater Islamization, be the figure able to resist it, or listen to his evangelical wife.
Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Asian Girl NameHow did a name the Puritans made popular take off in Japanese, Korean, and Chinese immigrant circles?
Jordan’s Churches Approve Law on Equal Inheritance for Christian WomenDraft law agreed to by 11 major denominations now needs approval by parliament.
- Vengeance Was Theirs: Armenia Honors Christian Assassins, Complicates Path to PeacePastors and professors reflect on the ethical dilemma of extrajudicial justice against Ottoman officials responsible for genocide, and on commemorating their killers today.
- Canadian Christians Launch Collective for Climate ActionTearfund and A Rocha see the impact in humanitarian crises now and want to organize churches to help.
News & Reporting
- Christian Leaders Pray for Peace and Safety Amid Capitol MobFor believers under democratic rule, peaceful transitions are “part of honoring and submitting to God’s ordained leaders.”
- Ahead of 2020 Election, White Evangelicals Still Concerned About COVID-19Those who know someone who suffered from the virus are less likely to say they plan to vote for President Trump.
Top Story June 10, 2023PCA’s 50th Anniversary Comes During a Season of Grief
Presbyterians expect less fight and more fatigue as they gather following the Covenant shooting and the deaths of Harry Reeder and Tim Keller.
Enter The Vault
Browse our Full Library of online archives, including past issues of CT magazine.Access the Archives