- Thailand Arrests 63 Chinese Christians Seeking AsylumThe “Mayflower church” members, who first sought refuge in South Korea, fear repatriation to China after finding sponsors in Texas.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Looks to God in New StatueSupporters pray new monument depicting the civil rights leader as a preacher will be part of a bigger revival for peace and unity.
- After Nashville, Moral Numbness Is Our EnemyShootings have become normal to the American public. But as Christians, we know better.
- Saudi Arabia Embraced Coptic Christmas. Could Its First Church Be Next?Bishop tells the story of decade-long development of pastoral visits to Egyptian Christians, amid speculation of the kingdom’s steps toward religious freedom.
Go Ahead. Get Mad at God for the Nashville Shooting.In the face of tragedy, Christ welcomes our confusion and anger.
- It’s Good When Bad Pastors Make Us MadI’d rather media and literature portray Christian leaders who stir up anger instead of apathy.
- Why Nepali Christians Can’t Bury Their DeadInside the ongoing struggle of Kathmandu Valley evangelicals to secure a cemetery and avoid cremation.
- Presbyterian School Mourns 6 Dead in Nashville ShootingVictims include the head of school and the 9-year-old daughter of the church’s lead pastor.español
Where Drugs Often Merit Death, Singapore Ministries Offer New LifeMore than 70 percent of the country’s inmates are jailed for drug-related offenses. Christian groups seek to help them reenter society.
- These 3 Japanese Christian Women Changed Their CountryMeet an early evangelist, an education reformer, and a preacher who held Bible studies with the royal family.
- Criminal or Not, Trump’s Case Is a Moral Test for ChristiansThe former president’s potential arrest shows that character does matter.
- Christianity Is Not Necessary For DemocracyThe basic freedoms and human rights we enjoy as Americans do not require a cultural Christian majority.
- Former SBC Pastor Johnny Hunt Sues Denomination He Once LedHunt admits to “kissing and some awkward fondling” but alleges defamation after the account was reported in last year’s Guidepost abuse investigation.
- Christians from Myanmar Call for the Release of Jailed Baptist LeaderHkalam Samson, former head of the Kachin Baptist Convention, was internationally known for his advocacy
- Russian Christians Make Theological Case for PeaceAnonymous Christmas condemnation of invasion offers insight into antiwar movement as it seeks reconciliation with Ukrainian believers—who want names.
- Can Westerners Atone for Their Sins Without Breeding Resentment and Ingratitude?An imaginary soirée with Douglas Murray, the Christian-friendly agnostic author of "The War on the West".
- Buddhism Went Mainstream Decades Ago. US Churches Still Aren’t Ready.Why Christians need to learn about the religion Asian immigrants brought to the US.
We Lose Culture Wars by Putting Them On TrialInstead of prosecutors trying to win arguments, we’re supposed to be defending what actually matters.
- Basketball Is a Beautiful Game, but Not a Blueprint for SocietyTreating the sport as a comprehensive social and political model misunderstands the vision of its Christian founder.
- Evangelicals Are the Most Beloved US Faith Group Among EvangelicalsAnd among the worst-rated by everybody else.
News & Reporting
- Christian Leaders Pray for Peace and Safety Amid Capitol MobFor believers under democratic rule, peaceful transitions are “part of honoring and submitting to God’s ordained leaders.”
- Ahead of 2020 Election, White Evangelicals Still Concerned About COVID-19Those who know someone who suffered from the virus are less likely to say they plan to vote for President Trump.
Top Story March 30, 2023Resisting the Impulse of Self-Optimization
In Lent, we realign our identity in Christ and recover our sense of being loved into existence by our Creator.
Enter The Vault
Browse our Full Library of online archives, including past issues of CT magazine.Access the Archives