Subscribe to this Podcast:
As much as we may wish differently, a new year doesn’t come with a blank slate. On this episode of The Art of Pastoring, Ronnie Martin and Jared Wilson talk about how pastors can greet 2021 with a grounded hopefulness. They discuss what shepherding might look like in this season, and what it means to embrace what God has given even as we grieve disappointments and losses. And they address pastors with specific, timely encouragement for entering January with grace and faith.
Produced by Mike Cosper
Edited by Aaron Leslie
Theme Song "Guide Me O, Thou Great Jehovah" by Jeremy Casella
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingTim Keller and Beth Moore, On and Off the StageBoth leaders have huge followings. But how well do we really know them?
- From the MagazineBhutanese Nepali Refugees Turn Their Trials into Zeal for EvangelismThousands found Jesus while displaced, which prepared them to plant churches and settle in a new land.
- RelatedFormer SBC Pastor Johnny Hunt Sues Denomination He Once LedHunt admits to “kissing and some awkward fondling” but alleges defamation after the account was reported in last year’s Guidepost abuse investigation.
- Editor's PickIs It Time to Quit ‘Quiet Time’?Effective biblical engagement must be about more than one’s personal experience with Scripture.