God created humans as sexual beings. In Genesis, we read of husband and wife becoming “one flesh” (2:24); we also see the Fall’s impact on sexuality, as sin distorts humanity’s desires and corrupts our actions. Scripture addresses sexual sin frankly, from accounts of rape and adultery to prohibitions against lust and fornication. While we don’t find contemporary terms like “sexual harassment,” “pornography,” or “sex trafficking” in Scripture, we do find their ancient corollaries, for sexual sin is as old as humanity itself. Yet alongside Scripture’s depictions of sexual sin, we find accounts of grace and transformation, such as Paul’s discussion of “the sexually immoral,” in which he says, “that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Cor. 6: 9, 11).
- Criminal or Not, Trump’s Case Is a Moral Test for ChristiansThe former president’s potential arrest shows that character does matter.
- New Program Offers Accreditation for Child Safety StandardsAn 80-point checklist provides churches with opportunities for accountability, awareness, and conversation.
- Israeli Academics Question Archaeological DiscoveriesAnd other news briefs from around the world.Français
- Diane Langberg: The Church ‘Utterly Failed’ God in Its Abuse ResponseThe psychologist at the forefront of trauma-informed care calls out leaders for protecting institutions over people.简体中文繁體中文
- What’s Up with Weird Bible Sex?Why you shouldn’t skip over the R-rated parts of Genesis.español简体中文繁體中文
- Hillsong Founder Awaits Verdict in Cover-Up CaseAn Australian court is weighing whether or not Brian Houston had a “reasonable excuse” not to report his father's sexual abuse to the police.
- Should Christians Support Indonesia Criminalizing Cohabitation and Extramarital Sex?Local leaders weigh in on the Muslim-majority nation’s new penal code and whether governments should legislate morality.简体中文Indonesian繁體中文
- Making a Better Christianity Today: An UpdateIn March, we published on harassment reports at CT. Here are the steps we’ve taken since then.
- What Is a Missionary Kid Worth?Risks remain higher in cross-cultural contexts. And misconduct is harder to report.
- The Demise of Jerry Falwell Jr. Makes for Great Media FodderBut how should Christians be engaging it?