Events and issues facing believers around the world
- Thailand Arrests 63 Chinese Christians Seeking AsylumUPDATED: Stuck in limbo in Bangkok, the “Mayflower church” remains fearful of repatriation to China.
- Saudi Arabia Embraced Coptic Christmas. Could Its First Church Be Next?Bishop describes decade-long development of pastoral visits to Egyptian Christians, amid speculation of the kingdom’s steps toward religious freedom.
- Why Nepali Christians Can’t Bury Their DeadInside the ongoing struggle of Kathmandu Valley evangelicals to secure a cemetery and avoid cremation.
- Christians from Myanmar Call for the Release of Jailed Baptist LeaderHkalam Samson, former head of the Kachin Baptist Convention, was internationally known for his advocacy
- Russian Christians Make Theological Case for PeaceAnonymous Christmas condemnation of invasion offers insight into antiwar movement as it seeks reconciliation with Ukrainian believers—who want names.
- Should Messianic Jews Return to Israel from Russia and Ukraine?Leaders of Russian-speaking followers of Yeshua discuss whether making aliyah is a commandment, a blessing, or a choice.
- To Whom Shall We Go? Global South Anglicans Reject Canterbury’s LeadershipConservative Anglicans’ gathering in April comes after the Church of England’s “disqualifying” decision to bless same-sex marriages.
- Christian Conservationists Sue to Protect Ghana ForestBauxite mining would threaten birds, plants, and clean water.
- 22,000 Indian Christians Peacefully Protest Rising Persecution at Historic Delhi GatheringLeaders demand the government crack down on violence against the church: “We are not asking for anything out of the ordinary.”
- Nigerian Christians Explain High Stakes of 2023 Presidential ElectionFacing persecution and economic decline, seven leaders share perspectives on a vote that will “make or mar” the future of a religiously divided nation.