Personal management involves being attentive to how we are doing in each of the following areas:
- Our relationship with the living God. Are we abiding in Christ? Do we remain yoked, growing in intimacy with the Father? Are we still in love with Jesus? Are we responsive to the stirrings of the Holy Spirit?
- Our relationships with our spouse and children. Are we moving toward greater closeness and trust? Do we view our spouses and children as the first recipients of our Christlike love? Or do they always get the leftovers?
- Our grasp of God's Word. Are we increasingly at home in the Bible? Are we continually learning more, submitting our thinking, feeling, and experience to the gracious scrutiny of the Lord?
- Our level of prayer. Are we more mature in our prayers? Do we have the conviction that prayer is a major task? Does prayer have an increasingly deeper hold on us? Are we making prayer our first priority? Are we able to help others move into the various aspects of prayer?
- Our walk in the Spirit. Are we learning to yield to the Spirit in our everyday situations? Are we learning to trust him more? Have we grown in our ability to discern where and how he is leading? Are we learning to operate in his power?