We're back with another mid-week link meeting! Here's what your brothers and sisters from random parts of the big 'C' church were up to this week:
- What's the difference between a canoe and a Christian in a restaurant? A canoe tips. [Rim shot!] Now a website is dedicated to giving food servers a chance to describe their experiences with church people at Sundays Are The Worst.
- Pastors: Be careful what you offer in a sermon, especially if it's not in the church budget.
- Marketing Christianity: A special offer from pastor and radio host Steve Brown allows you Three Free Sins.
- A funeral director whose blog deals with how we face death offers suggestions as to the proper etiquette of dealing with loss on the internet …
- … The same author once noticed that at funerals, almost all pastors are universalists.
- A secular news website looks at the various blogs that highlight survivor stories of spiritual abuse in fundamentalist sects.
- Strange Cloud Conference: It doesn't sound like John MacArthur will be buying a ticket for the Heaven is For Real movie adaptation.