Russian Orthodox Church's gay wedding:
- Same-sex marriage chapel demolished | The Chapel of the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God was apparently knocked down after local churchmen decided it had been defiled (The Daily Telegraph, London)
- Russian church defrocks priest who married gays | Denis Gogolev and Mikhail Morozov have said they paid Father Vladimir Enert $490 to marry them last month in church—an act the Russian Orthodox Church branded blasphemous (Reuters)
Church shooting during communion:
- Church readies for funerals, mourns in wake of slayings (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- Shaken church has no answers | Fellow churchgoers try to find reasoning behind woman's deadly shooting spree (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- Three fatally shot at church | Woman kills minister, then mother, then self (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- Pastor and 2 others are killed in shooting at Atlanta church | Woman and her mother were preparing the communion table in the chapel of Turner Monumental A.M.E. Church when Ms. Wilson pulled out a .44 caliber pistol and shot the minister, the Rev. Johnny Clyde Reynolds, at the altar (The New York Times)
- Church to negotiate in Colombia abduction | The move came a day after church officials held seven hours of talks with two imprisoned leaders of the National Liberation Army (Associated Press)
- Priest charged with gun possession and harassment | A man arrested on charges that he made harassing telephone calls to a Catholic high school in Brooklyn turned out to be a Roman Catholic priest whose Queens apartment contained guns, pornographic magazines, Nazi memorabilia and thousands of dollars he said he stole from a church, law enforcement officials said yesterday (The New York Times)
- Deacon convicted of having sex with girl | He met 13-year-old through Lakeport church (Concord Monitor, N.H.)
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Find hope and historical insight. For a limited time, explore 60+ years of CT archives for free!
- Daily devotions from Timothy Dalrymple during this pandemic.
- Hundreds of theology and spiritual formation classics from Philip Yancey, Elisabeth Elliot, John Stott, and more.
- Home delivery of new issues in print with access to all past issues online.
- View the complete archive.
- Join now and get print issues access to archive PDFs.