Pope | Protesting half staff flags | Protestant Brittan & the pope | Opinion | George Weigel on the pope | Catholicism | China & Catholicism | Religious freedom & persecution | Conversion | German churchgoers attacked by swordsman | War & terrorism | Warning of Temple Mount attack | Religion & politics | Jim Wallis | Dems. block FDA nomination over morning after pill | Stem cells | Abortion | Col. Gov. vetoes bill to tell rape victims about emergency contraception | Ill. Gov. orders pharmacists to fill birth control prescriptions | Opinion | Life ethics | 'Culture of life' | 'Right to die' | Terri Schiavo | Schiavo memo | Schiavo politics | Schiavo opinion | Church & state | Russia, God, & art | Justice Scalia | Same-sex marriage | Homosexuality & gay rights | AIDS | Gene Robinson says Jesus might have been gay, denies it | Episcopal church | Church life | Missions & ministry | Marriage & family | Religion vs. secularism | Education | King's College | Baylor women win NCAA tourney | Sports | Money & business | Taxes | Pastoral misconduct | Abuse | Books | Theater & film | Television & radio | Music | Charles, Camilla wedding | People | She's Fonda Jesus | Jerry Falwell | Other religions | More articles of interest
- Bonhoeffer and popeparallels | Both stressed that discipleship was costly and involved suffering (Uwe Siemon-Netto, UPI)
- France urged to skip official papal honors | While the death of Pope John Paul II has brought widespread mourning, there has also been pressure on the secular French Republic not to honor him officially (The New York Times)
- John Paul II won in the East, lost in the West | Where were all these people when the pope was alive? (Daniel Henninger, The Wall Street Journal)
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 60+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more