Just links today. Not too many, so you can find the interesting stuff on your own.
Israel-Hezbollah war | Politics | Church and state | Life ethics | Media and entertainment | Missions & ministry | Church life | Catholicism | Other stories of interest
- Christians fleeing Lebanon denounce Hezbollah | Many Christians from southern Lebanon considered Hezbollah's fighting methods as much of an outrage as the Israeli strikes (The New York Times)
- Church leaders on the Middle East Crisis | Wenski, Lajolo, Sadano, the pope, and others (National Catholic Reporter)
- Christians to journey into Israel | 15 from Charleston area plan to show support for Jewish state at war (The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.)
- Liberal churches slam Israel | As Israel presses for more time to pursue its military campaigns against Hezbollah and Hamas, liberal American churches are pushing hard for a cease-fire and are criticizing Israeli actions in Lebanon and in Gaza (Forward, Jewish newspaper)
- The religious Left's "cycle of violence" schtick | The anti-Israel divestment campaign among U.S. churches has been largely defeated. But in the midst of the terrorists' war on Israel, the Religious Left's hostility to Israel continues (Mark Tooley, Front Page)
- It's the end of the world as they know it, do you feel fine? | Critics are taking aim at CNN for its habit of discussing the ongoing Middle East unrest in apocalyptic termsliterally (CBS)
- Governor hopefuls try to make religion an issue | One of the last places a Democratic candidate for governor wants to be associated with Christian conservatives is in the voter-rich liberal Jewish condominiums of South Florida (South Florida Sun-Sentinel)
- Christians call for equality in workplace, labor fairness | Organizers of a local conference championing racial and social justice called upon religious leaders Thursday to push for equality, beginning in the workplace (Commercial Appeal, Memphis)
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more