Subscribe to this Podcast:
Kicking off this week's episode, on #Blessed Heather brings in her best friend Scarlett Longstreet to discuss the new option on Instagram of paying for subscription. Scarlett has been using the new paid subscribers model, and will walk you through the difficulties and blessings of getting your audience to pay for your content. Make sure to let us know your thoughts by typing in ViralJesusPod on Instagram or Twitter and using #Blessed.
As our pod-class journey on healing continues, (don’t forget to listen to previous episodes in the series) Heather sits down with Nona Jones and discusses where our insecurity is coming from, and how it may be impacting us, and our relationships.
Nona Jones is considered a global thought-leader at the intersection of faith, technology and identity and has also served as a voice of hope and healing to victims of trauma due to her own history as a survivor of physical and sexual abuse. Her books are equipping people around the world to harness their potential toward realizing their purpose.
Killing Comparison is Nona's highly anticipated manual for how to live a life free from toxic comparison and feeling like you don't measure up. Success from the Inside Out is Nona's personal story of overcoming childhood physical and sexual abuse and the insights she learned while healing from the pain. From Social Media to Social Ministry is the Digital Discipleship Guide every Christian needs to read to use technology for Kingdom Building.
Heather Thompson Day is an associate professor of communication at Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. She is the author of eight books, including, I'll See You Tomorrow, releasing in October, and It’s Not Your Turn. Reach out to Heather on Twitter @HeatherTDay and on Instagram @heatherthompsonday.
Viral Jesus is a production of Christianity Today
Host and creator: Heather Thompson Day
Executive Producer: Ed Gilbreath
Producer: Loren Joseph
Associate Producer: Azurae Phelps
Mix Engineer: Alex Carter
Director of CT Podcasts: Mike Cosper
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingDied: Pat Robertson, Broadcast Pioneer Who Brought Christian TV to the MainstreamWith CBN, “The 700 Club,” Regent, the Christian Coalition, and a run for president, he changed evangelicals’ place in public life.FrançaisIndonesianрусскийУкраїнська
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- RelatedRussell Moore: I Already Miss Tim Keller’s Wise VoiceThe late pastor theologian gave strong counsel to me and so many others in ministry.
- Editor's PickPCA’s 50th Anniversary Comes During a Season of GriefPresbyterians expect less fight and more fatigue as they gather following the Covenant shooting and the deaths of Harry Reeder and Tim Keller.