- Go Ahead. Get Mad at God for the Nashville Shooting.In the face of tragedy, Christ welcomes our confusion and anger.
- Parkinson’s—The Gift I Didn’t WantI’ve spent years writing about pain and suffering. Now I’ll spend years learning how to live with physical disability.Português简体中文繁體中文
- Something Fake and Wicked This Way ComesWhen our Halloween celebrations domesticate evil, we often miss a chance to see true darkness through the light of Christ.español
- Blessed Are Those Who Mourn SuicideCaring for people in pain requires a rich theology of suffering.español
- Salman Rushdie Is the Canary in a Free Speech Coal MineBut the liberty at stake is moral and spiritual, not just intellectual.
- This Present Global DarknessThe “angels of nations” described in Scripture remind us that cosmic evil shapes the politics of earthly warfare. Let's pray accordingly.españolPortuguês简体中文한국어繁體中文
- Christ Came to Disarm Rebellious Sinners, But Not to Disempower ThemA meditation on the line between good and evil that runs through each person.
- Have Christians Forgotten How to Fight with God?The Lord wants our protest. But it seems some of us have neglected the ancient art of lamenting evil.
- Why Bad Things Happen to People, According to 6,500 AmericansOn the problem of evil, Pew’s pandemic philosophy survey finds few blame God or doubt God’s omnipotence, goodness, or existence.
- Christian Science Gave Me the ‘Principle’ of Christ, but Never Christ HimselfMy journey from a religion of self-salvation to a faith that takes sin seriously.