1. Promise Keepers' Stand in the Gap draws 1 million men to Washington, D.C.
2. Gender-inclusive New International Version canceled.
3. Supreme Court rules RFRA unconstitutional.
4. Churches worldwide unify against religious persecution.
5. New Russian law restricts freedom of religion.
6. Oregon favors first law for physician-assisted suicide.
7. U.S. State Department notes global religious persecution.
8. New Era's John Bennett imprisoned for fraud.
9. Disney boycott gathers momentum.
10. Partial-birth abortion battle moves to states.
Copyright © 1998 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more