Unlike John of Patmos, we can't convey the words of the risen Christ. But we can imagine what words of correction and comfort Jesus would give to the churches today. That's just what we have asked seven persons to do: use their prayerful creativity to write letters to different segments of the church as though they were speaking for the risen Christ.
Patterned after the letters to the seven churches of Asia Minor in Revelation 23, these contemporary church leaders have tried to discern what Christ might say through them today. How would he challenge and correct different segments of the church? How would he encourage and comfort them? While the words that follow aren't inspired, our hope is that they will be inspiring.
- To the Suburban Church of North America
- To the Pentecostal and Charismatic Churches of North America
- To the Church Called Mainline
- To the Inner-City Pastor and Church
- To the Rural Church
- To the Church Which Seeks Seekers
- To the Church That Endures Persecution
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.